Wednesday, June 26, 2013


I have found a way to decapsulate integrated circuits, chip-on-board ICs can be decapped. I borrowed ~15 mL of paint stripper from work and left a COB package out of a dollar store universal remote to soak in the solution and worked admirably. I suspect it's due to dichloromethane, as the other solvents in the solution have negligible effect. The die size is freaking tiny, 1mm by 2mm. I could not take a picture of what the die looks like, sorry! Now, I just need to find a source of DCM, and I should be able to decap all of my ICs and clean out that part drawer.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

About time...

I finally got XMPlay to encode MP3s. It took about 2 years to get encoding to work. The reason I'm encoding my massive collection of modules is so I can play them on my PlayStation 3 when I get it. Now let the process commence!